Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ graduated from Izmir Science High School in 1986 and from Dokuz Eylül University Faculty of Medicine in 1992.
Having successfully passed the examination for specialty in medicine (TUS),he began to work as a physician assistant in “Obstetrics and Gynecology” (OBGYN) at Zekai Tahir Burak Women’s Health Training and Research Hospital, and then became an “Obstetrician-Gynecologist” in 1997.
At Kazan State Hospital, he served as the Chief Physician and Head of Health Group.
He worked in high risk pregnancies (perinatology),infertility and in vitro fertilization clinics at Zekai Tahir Burak Hospital, where he was re-appointed to in 2002.
In 2006, he received a Hypnotherapy practice certificate from Yeditepe University.
In 2008, he left the hospital and started working full-time in his own clinics. He attended the trainings provided by Gazikent University in 2013 and became a “Family Counselor”.
Having successfully passed the ‘board’ exam organized by The European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) and The European Federation of Sexology (EFS),he became one of the first gynecologists of Turkey, who have the title of “sex therapist” at the level of ‘fellow’ (Academy member) in 2014.
Dr. Suleyman Eserdag broke new ground on vaginismus in our country by establishing the HERA Vaginismus Treatment, Training and Research Association in 2015. This association has been the first non-governmental organization working originally on vaginismus in our country. Within the structure of this association, he provided many training programs for physicians, health care professionals and the public in the field of sexual treatments.
Dr. Suleyman Eserdag’s another area of interest is surgical and non-surgical cosmetic genital procedures within the scope of "Cosmetic Gynecology". He had the opportunity to cooperate with many world-leading authors in Europe and the USA. Prof. Adam Ostrzensky (Florida/ABD- 2011),ECAMS (Athens/Greece- 2015),Dr. Red Alinsod (California/USA- 2016) are some of the institutions and mentors he received education from.
Achieving a first in our country in February 2015, Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ was accepted as “Senior Faculty Member” to the Ireland-based ECAMS-European College of Aesthetic Medicine & Surgery, which is one of the largest colleges in cosmetic field. In 2016, he moved his training activities to Vienna, the capital of Austria, where he organized two training programs. Until 2017, he worked as the ‘Head of Genital Cosmetic Surgery Department’ and ‘International Genital Cosmetic Surgery Trainer’ at this faculty.
Dr. Eserdağ established an international association under the name of the International Society of Aesthetic Genital Surgery and Sexology (ISAGSS) in 2017. He still serves as the chairman of this association and continues to organize training programs on behalf of ISAGSS.
In 2018, he attended the 'Sexology School' organized by ESSM (The European Society for Sexual Medicine) in Budapest.
ISAGSS was affiliated to IMCAS-Asia, the world's largest aesthetic medicine congress held in 2019 in Bali.
Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ organized two international congresses in Istanbul in 2018 and 2019. International congresses of RAGSS-1 and RAGSS-2 (Congress of Reconstructive - Aesthetic Genital Surgery & Sexology) brought many important physicians from different parts of the world to Turkey. In addition, these congresses are the first meetings in the world, which bring genital aesthetics and sexual treatments together.
Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ accepts his patients in his own clinic in Nisantasi, Istanbul. He also supports the clinics in Istanbul Bagdat Caddesi (Kadikoy),Ankara, and Izmir, under the structure of HERA CLINIC. On schedule basis, he performs genital aesthetic operations in some private hospitals in Ankara and Izmir.
Dr. Eserdağ has been working on male and female sexual problems such as sexual desire and orgasm problems, and on vaginismus in particular since 2003. His special interests and areas of study include cosmetic gynecology procedures such as labiaplasty (labia minora and labia majora reduction),vaginoplasty (surgical vaginal tightening),perineoplasty (perineal repair),CO2 laser and radiofrequency (RF) treatments for the genital area; and regenerative treatments such as autologous fat grafting, and hyaluronic acid and SVF (Stromal Vascular Fraction) treatments for the genital area. He has performed more than 6,000 surgical and more than 7,500 non-surgical operations in this field.
Dr. Eserdağ has many medical articles published in national and international journals.
• His article on the importance of gynecological assessment for the treatment of vaginismus as a predictive value, which has been accepted by an important international journal, is the first study showing the importance of gynecological examination in vaginismus in the literature and has been an important resource for many gynecologists working in this field.
• In 2021, an important international academic journal published his paper titled ‘Surgical Technique and Outcomes of Inverted-Y Plasty Procedure in Clitoral Hoodoplasty Operations’, which explains the Inverted-Y Clitoral Hoodoplasty Technique developed by Dr. Eserdağ for the correction of the skin tissue on the clitoris, a technique that he has performed during surgical operations and has taught her students in training programs for 20 years.
• The paper on the new technique intended for tightening the vaginal introitus in hymenoplasty, titled “A New Practical Surgical Technique for Hymenoplasty: Primary Repair of Hymen With Vestibulo-Introital Tightening Technique”, has been accepted and published in an important international plastic surgery journal, and it contains the largest series in the literature to date.
• The book titled “Sexual Medicine and Genital Aesthetics” that he edited jointly with his two colleagues was published in 2020 is the first multidisciplinary book in our country in these fields.
• The new book titled “Female Aesthetic and Functional Genital Surgery” consisting of a total of 425 pages, which was published in 2021, is the first book in the field of genital aesthetics in Turkey. This book was printed both in Turkish and in English, and consequently gained an international feature, attracting great attention all over the world.
• Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ is a member of the scientific committee of ‘International Association of Aesthetic Gynecology and Sexual Wellness (IAAGSW)’.
• He is an active member of ESSM (European Society of Sexual Medicine) and ISSM (International Society for Sexual Medicine).
• Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ is the first physician who has provided training on genital aesthetics in Turkey. He is considered to be among the leading physicians in this field in our country and in Europe. The international association established by Süleyman Eserdağ has organized more than 20 international hands-on courses and work-shops in the fields of “Cosmetic Gynecology and Sexology” the structure of ISAGSS. He has provided training for more than 600 physicians from five continents, through his training programs in foreign countries including Austria, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Cyprus and Azerbaijan. He keeps providing training in the same way.
• He was awarded the ‘Global Health Hero’ by StemMAX (International Stem Cell Association) on April 30, 2021.
Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ is invited as a lecturer, special guest and session moderator to many national and international meetings in the fields of genital aesthetics and sexology. He accepts his patients in his clinic in Nisantasi, Istanbul; and also provides consultancy services to the clinics in Ankara and Izmir.
He can perform operations within the scope of genital cosmetic surgery in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir.
He also works as a part-time lecturer at Altinbas University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Süleyman Eserdağ hosted the medical TV show “Her Şeyden Önce” (First and Foremost) broadcast on CNN TURK in 2020.
His hobbies include photography, traveling, web designing, tennis, swimming, skiing, music-making and adventure sports such as scuba diving. Dr. Eserdağ who has a good command of English is married and has two children.
Copyright 2021 Md. Süleyman ESERDAĞ. All Rights Reserved. Legal Warning